As Computers and Internet are tightly coupled with day-to-day citizen services of various sectors of the nation and there is a continuous rise in Cyber Crime, the need of the hour is to gear up to this increase in demand for security professionals. Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) with its wide spectrum of expertise in Systems, Networks and Information Security is playing a vital role in achieving this objective and initiated various activities. C-DAC flagged off a certificate program titled "CDAC Certified Cyber Security Professional (CCCSP)", which aims at creating Cyber Security Professionals, equipped with the skill set required for securing information in cyber world.
CCCSP is designed to certify the degree of knowledge and skills acquired by IT professionals in cyber security. The certification evaluates the candidate's competencies in security concepts, vulnerabilities, attacks, technologies and solutions, best practices and standards.
Kind attention: From Aug 10th 2012 there is a change in Test Centres. For more details please check the section "Test Centres".
- Who can take the Certification ?
- Areas of Concentration
- Why this Certification ?
- Certification Fee
- Mode of Payment
- Test pattern and scoring
- Test Date
- Test Retake
- Certificate Renewal Process
- Test Centres
- Test Results
- General Test Information
Any IT professional.
Any Degree/Diploma holder with basic knowledge in computers.
Any final year UG/PG student with basic knowledge in computers.
Overview of Networking Concepts
Information Security Concepts
Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
Secure Software Design
Network Security Concepts
Access Control and Intrusion Detection
Security Technologies and Protocols
Security Architecture and Models
Operating System Security
Security Management and Practices
Laws and Standards
More details will be uploaded soon....
- Network Communication
- Network Security, a beginner's guide
- Cryptography & Network Security
- Network Security Essentials : applications & standards
- Security Architecture
- Network Security : a practical approach
- Security Auditing
- Will enhance the employability.
- Career growth to IT professionals.
- Certification is well accepted by Government organizations and Industry, as C-DAC has wide experience in R&D and is also popular in offering various national level need of the hour training courses in IT.
There are 2 modes of preparation for the Test.
Mode 1: On-line courseware offered through CDAC's e-learning website.
All the modules in which test-takers will be tested are covered in the e-learning courseware.
Material is available in PDF, presentations with speaker notes, audio and video lectures delivered by experts on specific topics.
Preparatory duration is 3 to 6 months.
Mode 2: Self-study
A list of reference books/web links will be provided for self study.
NOTE: A candidate can take the test directly if he/she feels that he/she has adequate degree of knowledge in topics prescribed for Certification Test.
Registration Fee towards certification is INR 7500 (Rupees Seven Thousand and Five Hundred only) which includes access to the e-learning courseware.
If for any reason, the participant is likely to postpond the test taking date to the next batch after commencement to a particular date, an extra Fee Amount of Rs. 1000 /- should be payed. Either a DD or NEFT as mentioned under Mode of Payment
Demand Draft of Rs 7,500 (Seven Thousand Five Hundred Rupees only)
drawn from any Nationalized
Bank in favor of C-DAC payable at Hyderabad,
has to be sent to the following address. No
cheques are accepted.
Behind the DD please mention the CCCSP and the username which was used for registration at elearn.cdachyd.in
The Course Coordinator, CCCSP e-Learning
Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
Nalanda Building, No.1 shivabagh
Satyam Theatre Road,Ameerpet
Andhra Pradesh, India
You can pay the course fee by crediting the amount directly through NEFT mode into the mentioned BANK accounts.
Option 1: If you have NEFT payment method supported in your online banking website, then you may add one of the bank details to your NEFT transactions list and perform the transfer.On completing the transfer please send us the receipt generated by your bank or transaction ID along with your registration details and curriculum documents.
Option 2: You can go to any of your nearest banks and deposit the course fee amount to any of the bank accounts mentioned in the above link and send us the deposit slip to us along with your registration details and curriculum documents.
For payments options please Click here
- Written test will be conducted at identified centres across India.
- The duration of the test is 2 hours.
- Two sections, 80% of objective type and 20% of subjective in the examination paper .
- No negative marking.
- 60% score in each section must required
- The minimum score to get professional certification on average is 70%.
- Results will be declared in about 2-4 weeks from the date of test conduction.
- All test-takers will be informed via e-mail. The results will also be uploaded to C-DAC Hyderabad website.
- In case of failure in the first attempt of the CCCSP Test, one has an option to retake the test, by paying a nominal fee of Rs. 500 /- (Five hundred only). Either a DD can be submitted or NEFT as mentioned under mode of payment
The certificate issued by C-DAC on CCCSP (C-DAC Certified Cyber Security Professional) is valid for 3 years from the date of issue. This is introduced, considering the importance of updating on-self on the latest security issues.
The following are the process for renewal of certificate
- Attend the Cyber Security Professional Certificate Renewal Exam by paying the Exam Fee 2500 /- (or)
- Working Experience Certificate from your organization in domain "Cyber Security" +1 Paper in Cyber Security domain published in any national (or) international conference + Any 2 certifications in Information Security/Cyber Security domain from reputed organizations/IT industry (or)
- Might have attended 45 Hours Training during last 3 years + Should have credits of minimum 2 papers published in Cyber security / Information Security domain. (or)
- Might have attended 90Hrs Training during last 3 years. (or)
- Might have credits of 2 IEEE Papers published in information security domain
Tests will be conducted in the following centres
- C-DAC Bangalore
Next Exam : Jan/Feb 2015
- Test-takers are expected to arrive at the Test venue an hour before the scheduled time.
- Test rooms shall be opened half-an-hour before the test and instructions sheet will be handed over to the test takers 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the test.
- Test-takers must bring their admit cards (refer section on Admit Cards) to the testing venue.
- Test-takers must carry a photo identification. It may be any Government-issued identity card, driver's license, passport or PAN card.
- Identification must be original and photocopies will not be accepted.
- Test-takers are not allowed to carry any thing into the Test room. Books, reference materials, mobile phones (switched off) or any other personal belongings.
- However, C-DAC accepts no responsibility for damage or theft of personal belongings. So it is advised to carry as little things to the test centre as possible.
- No reference materials, printed, self-authored, notes written by the test-taker, will be permitted into the Test room.
- Any Test material taken out of the Test room by a test-taker will warrant nullification of the test and test fees will be forfeited.
- The admit cards will be sent through mail which the test-taker has to take a colour printout and use it for the Test. The Admit cards will be sent only after the payment is done.(refer to section on Registration process).
- Admit cards contains, along with other things, the venue of test and photograph of the test-taker.
- In case the test-taker does not receive his/her admit card 1 week before the scheduled Test date (excluding the day of the test), they are expected to contact C-DAC, Hyderabad for clarifications.
- Under no circumstances claims of reissue of a lost/non-receipt of admit card will be entertained on the day of the Test.
- At the time of registration, the test-taker should give his/her preferred test venue.
- The name and address of the test center will be informed along with Admit Card.
- No request for change of test venue will be entertained once a venue has been allotted.
- They must NOT write on any other medium other than the ones issued by the invigilator.
- Test-takers may NOT talk, gesture or make any attempts to gain attention of other test-takers while the test is in progress.
- Eatables are not allowed in the Test room. Consumption of tobacco and alcohol is strictly prohibited in the premises of the test centres.
- The test would be conducted twice in a year. The registration should be done one month before the Test date.
- The registration for the test will be available on-line in elearn.cdachyd.in
- Visit elearn.cdachyd.in, click on Sign Up Now and fill the registration form.
- The final registration page will be displayed, take a printout of it and click on the Declaration Form link, sign it.
- Do the payment either by Demand draft or NEFT (Refer to Mode of Payment available)
- Send the registration form, declaration form, copy of your curriculam marks sheets along with the "Demand Draft" or "NEFT Details" to C-DAC Hyderabad address.
- The Final admit card will be sent to you through E-Mail only. (thus, please fill proper email address and keep checking the e-mail regularly)
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
( A Scientific Society of Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Information and Technology, Government of India)
Nalanda Building,No.1 shivabagh, Satyam Theatre, Ameerpet Hyderabad - 16
Tel:+91-40-23737124/25 ; Fax: +91-40-2374332
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org